Chromebook Is Slow. What can I do?
- Check for system updates by visiting “chrome://settings/help”. If any updates are available, install them and restart your device
- Make sure you don’t have too many tabs open. More than 10 and your Chromebook will experience slower performance
- Make sure you don’t have multiple windows of Chrome open
- To check, click the Chrome icon at the bottom of the screen
- If a popup appears with multiple rows, click through them and close some. You should only need one Chrome window open at a time
- Run an internet speed test to see if it’s because of your WiFi
Watch this video
Was this article helpful?